Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2019 at 5:30 P.M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 12th day of February 2019 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:34 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson and Alderman Susie Tully. Also present, Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Bryan Kelley and Police Chief Scott Ford.
Prayer led by Gigi Robertson.
Pledge led by Boy Scouts Jack Horn, David Slater and Caleb Dixon.
Motion made by Abby Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting January 22, 2019. All in favor, none opposed. Motioned carried.
Open Floor for Public Comment
No public comment submitted.
Item #1 PEC Report
– Bianca Hillhouse of PEC was absent. No new update.
Item #2 Brian Spillman
Brian Spillman, on behalf of the West Feliciana Drug & Alcohol Awareness Council, presented Mayor Billy D’Aquilla with an Appreciation Award plaque and thanked him for his support.
Item #3 Magnolia Café Appeal Historic District Commissions Denial of Sign Permit
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to table this item until the February 26, 2019 board meeting as requested again by Skye Willis on behalf of Magnolia Café. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Item #4 Accept the Recommendations of the Architectural Design & Review Board and Planning & Zoning Board for the Site Plan Review of Tractor Supply
Motion made by James R Leake, seconded by Susie Tully to accept the Architectural Design & Review Board’s and the Planning & Zoning Board’s recommendation of approval of the Tractor Supply Site Plan Review with the following conditions:
1. All signage for the project will be permitted and reviewed separately. (Approval condition by P&Z & ADRB).
2. The building of a Forage Shed as indicated on the site plan (if needed) will be permitted and reviewed separately. (Approval condition by P&Z & ADRB).
3. The exterior paint color of the two bricks on the exterior of the building will be presented and reviewed separately. (Approval condition by P&Z & ADRB).
4. The wooden privacy fence on the rear and the north property lines will be raised from 6ft in height to 8 ft height. (Approval condition by ADRB).
All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Item #5 Declare 2003 Ford F150 Vin #1FTRF17293NB18574 Surplus Property and to Advertise for Sealed Bid
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to declare the 2003 Ford F150 Vin #1FTRF17293NB18574 Surplus Property and to advertise for sealed bid. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Item #6 Departmental Updates
Mayor’s Comments – Mayor D’Aquilla
• Boy Scout Leader Wayne Slater introduced Boy Scouts Jack Horne, Caleb Dixon and David Slater. On April 7th a Court of Honor will be held to recognized Caleb Dixon and Davis Slater for attaining the rank of Eagle Scout. Scout Jack Horne who is currently working towards his Eagle Scout rank will building picnic tables as his Eagle Scout project. The Mayor and Alderman congratulated the young men on their accomplishment and community service.
• Alderman Abby Cochran asked Mayor D’Aquilla if she could voice some concerns she had regarding the Planned Unit Development (PUD) proposed for the Lawrason property located on Commerce Street. The first few acres of the property is located in the Town of St. Francisville with the majority of the property being located in West Feliciana Parish. Being that the property is bordering the town’s corporate limits and that a part of the property actually resides in the town’s limits, the Board of Alderman discussed requesting that the Parish Planning & Zoning Board and/or the developers for the PUD’s follow the Town of St. Francisville’s zoning ordinances. After discussion, the Board of Alderman requested that Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel compare the PUD rules for the Town of St. Francisville and West Feliciana Parish to see what differences are between the two before determining how to proceed. Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh will also contact the developers and invite them to come share their proposal with the Board of Alderman at a future meeting.
Police Report – Chief Scott Ford was absent. No update.
Permitting & Planning Updates – A written report was provided by Building Official Don Simmons.
Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh.
Motion made by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Abby T. Cochran to adjourn the meeting at 6:56 p.m. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor