Burnette Road Bridge:
• Due to bids being substantially over budget we are requesting a funding increase for the existing Priority 1 funding for the Burnett Bridge Road Replacement project from Capital Outlay then the bridge project will re-bid.
• Waiting to receive final approval from the LA Office of Community Development for a $250,000 emergency grant through the Community Water Enrichment Fund.
• Requesting $800,000 in Bond Priority 2 in the Capital Outlay Bill in the 2016 Legislative Session for the Water Well Replacement and Water Systems Improvements project.
• Bianca requested authorization to release advertisement for bids for the Water Well Replacement and Water Systems Improvements project
• Has met with the hospital officials, Architects and Contractor. Performing weekly site visits and any required site inspections requested.
• Several people have contacted the town regarding opening new business
o A bakery in Spring Creek shopping center.
o A barber shop on Commerce Street
• New residential building on Hartson Street is working with the Historic District Board
o Eric is also working with Mr. Beckham on code compliance.
• Sent letter to Claude Barron regarding security and safety concerns at his construction site on Leonard Street.
• Spoke with Parish Engineer regarding the Parish Governmental Services Building being remodeled on Hwy. 10.
• Some of the speed bumps in Villa Rose were removed per resident’s request. The speed bumps closest to the Hwy. 61 entrance were left.
• The contract with Joseph Furr for Landscape Architectural Services has been signed and survey work has started.
• Work on the caboose refurbishment has begun. The platform has been removed.
• The Louisiana Municipal Association’s Annual convention will be July 28th – 30th of this year. More details should be provided by LMA soon.