Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2018 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 9th day of January 2018 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:34 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also, present Town Attorney Jesse Means, Police Chief Scott Ford, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel
The pledge was led by Gigi Robertson.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting December 12, 2017. All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the new business. No public comments were made.
1. PEC Report
– Bianca Hillhouse of PEC.
Water Wells and Water Tower Automation System:
• Scada System Panels are built and ready. Installation is schedule to begin by the end of January and all sites should be up and running by the end of February.
New 2” Gas Line on Old Hwy 66:
• The pre-construction meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 16th at 10:00am.
2. Audit Report for 2016/2017 Fiscal Year.
Mr. Mike LeBlanc of Postalwaite and Netterville presented the 2016/2017 audit report. He gave a summary of the detailed reports to the Board of Alderman and answered their questions. Mr. LeBlanc stated that the Town of St. Francisville is in good financial shape.
Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by James R. Leake, to accept the 2016/2017 audit report as presented. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
3. Approve Auditor for 2017/2018 Fiscal Year
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to retain Postlethwaite & Netterville as auditor for the 2017/2018 fiscal year. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
4. Review Quotes and/or Award Contract for Body Camera / Patrol Car Video Camera System for the Police Department.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to table the contract award for purchase of the Police Body Camera / Patrol Car Video Camera System and to request clarification on contract pricing from the low bidder. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried. This item will be moved to the next agenda.
5. Discuss and/or Take Action on Hwy 61 Beautification & Signage Project
Motion made by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Susie Tully to authorize Assistant Town Attorney, Leslie Daniels to review the contract between the Town of St. Francisville and Joseph Furr Design Studio Landscape Architecture and to send notification to Mr. Furr that the Town is terminating the contract. All in favor, none opposed.
6. Departmental Updates
• Mayor’s Comments – Mayor D’Aquilla commended the Town Utility Workers for the hard work they did during the New Year’s weekend freeze when an issue with our gas distributor was causing problems for Town of St. Francisville gas customers.
• Police Report – updated provided by Chief Scott Ford
• Permitting & Planning Updates – update provided by Building Offical, Eric Parnell
• Main Street Report – presented by Lauire Walsh, Main Street Manager
A movie company is seeking pre-approval for the use of the name St. Francisville for a potential Hallmark movie that would possibly be shot in St. Francisville this February for 15 days, the movie would air in March 2018. They would like for the small town in the movie to be called St. Francisville. This is not definite so we would be giving pre-approval.
Motion made by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by James R. Leake to approve use of the name St. Francisville to be used as the name of a small town in a Hallmark movie to be filmed here in St. Francisville``. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
7. Recommendations from the ADRB (ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN REVIEW BOARD) to the Town Council for Final Approval.
Restaurant 1796 at the Myrtles - The ADRB met on Tuesday December 19, 2017, to review the exterior materials and elevations for The Restaurant 1796 at The Myrtles Plantation. A motion was made by Coco Treppendahl and seconded by Amanda McKinney to make the recommendation to the Town Council on the approval of the materials as well as the exterior elevations with the landscaping to be determined on completion of the building site, motion carried.
Motion made by Bryan Kelley, seconded by Susie Tully, to accept the ADRB recommendations as presented. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
Motion by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Susie Tully to adjourn the meeting at 7:02 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor