Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 27th day of November 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:31 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk, Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Town Attorney Jesse Means and Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh.
The pledge was led by Howard Arceneaux.
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Susie Tully to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting November 14, 2017. All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting.
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the new business. No public comments were made.
1. PEC Report
– Bianca Hillhouse of PEC was unable to attend but provided an update by email.
a) New Water Well #4:
• The warranty extension letter in lieu of liquidated damages has been mailed to Griner Drilling.
• Scada System’s final quote was received from Automation Service & Controls, Inc. and recommended proceeding with the new system.
b) New 2” Gas Line on Old Hwy 66:
• The request for quotes has been sent out. Price quotes should be received and ready for review at the December 12th meeting.
*Town Attorney Jesse Means joined the meeting at 5:36 pm.
2. Authorize Advertisement of Camera System for the Police Department
The Louisiana Municipal Advisory and Technical Services Bureau (LaMATS), which is a subsidiary of The Louisiana Municipal Association (LMA) is offering a new service called BidBoard Procurement. LaMATS will send out the specifications, receive the request for quotes and assist municipalities with bid law compliance at no cost to the municipality. Information on the camera system has been sent to LaMATS and we anticipate LaMATS will have the quotes ready to be presented at the December 12th board meeting. This item was moved to the December agenda.
3. Approve Healing Place Church Use of Parker Park December 23, 2017
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelly to approve Healing Place Church’s request for use of Parker Park on December 23, 2017 contingent upon the of required insurance certificate. All in favor, motion carried.
4. Approve Pilgrimage Soiree Request for Alcohol Permit and Permission to Close Prosperity Street for Saturday, March 17, 2018
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelley, to approve the Pilgrimage Soiree’s request for alcohol permit and permission to close Prosperity Street on Saturday March 17, 2018. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
5. Departmental Updates – Mayor D’Aquilla
a) Mayor’s Comments – presented by Mayor
b) Police Report – Scott Ford
c) Permitting & Planning Updates - written update provided by Building Official.
d) Main Street Report – Laurie Walsh absent. No update provided.
Motion by Gigi Robertson, seconded by Bryan Kelley to adjourn the meeting at 5:52 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor