Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE PUBLIC MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in public hearing/regular session this 22nd day of August 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:35 p.m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were Town Attorney Jesse Means, Main Street Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon.
Absent: Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel
The pledge was led by Attorney Stuart Hughes.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Abby Cochran to approve the minutes from the last regular meeting July 25, 2017 with the below amendment correcting motion made at the August 8, 2017 meeting on agenda item - Discuss and/or Take Action on Recommendations from Architectural Design Review Board for the Pizza Hut at Live Oak Centre.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to approve the following recommendation of the Architectural Design Review Board:
1. Require continuous louvered screening on the rear roof line of the Live Oak Shopping Center as per the ADRB recommendation.
2. And to overrule the revised recommendation of the ADRB regarding specific tree requirements for the landscape plan. The original recommendation of the ADRB for any trees selected from the Type A tree category stands as the requirements.
All in favor, motioned carried.
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting
Open Floor for Public Comment
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments before commencing with the New Business. No public comments were made.
Introduce Ordinance 2017-7
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by James R. Leake to Introduce Ordinance 2017-7 - An Ordinance vacating, revoking and setting aside the dedication to public use of a portion of Johnson Street in the Town of St. Francisville. All in favor, motion carried.
Approve Application for Liquor Permit for Circle K Store
Motion made by James R. Leake, seconded by Bryan Kelley to approve the application for liquor permit as submitted by Circle K Store.
Roll call vote as follows:
Yea: James R. Leake, Bryan Kelley, Susie Tully and Abby Cochran.
Abstained: Gigi Robertson
– Bianca Hillhouse
Burnette Road Bridge:
• Contractor has completed the concrete pours and has started backfilling and compaction. The testing lab (Terracon) has been onsite testing for proper compaction.
• PEC has received and is reviewing the asphalt mix design shop drawing.
New Water Well #4:
• Entergy has requested that the electrical meter that was installed be changed.
• The Contractor’s electrician is scheduled to go to the site in the morning to change the meter and run a phone line from the previously existing power pole to the new control panel. This will allow the well to run on automatic.
• All other major construction items appear to be substantially complete.
– Mayor D’Aquilla
The following departmental updates were provided:
a. Mayor’s Comments
b. Police Report
c. Permitting & Planning Updates
d. Main Street Report
Motion by Abby T. Cochran, seconded by Bryan Kelley to adjourn the meeting at 5:56 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor