Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, JUNE 27, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 27th day of June, 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:37 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were Town Attorney Jesse Means, Assistant Town Attorney Leslie Daniel, Main St Manager Laurie Walsh, Police Chief Scott Ford and Town Clerk Shannon Sturgeon
Absent: Aldermen James R. Leake and Alderman Abby T. Cochran
The pledge was led by Alderman Susie Tully. .
Approval of the Minutes from the last regular meeting June 13, 2017. Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Gigi Robertson to approve the minutes as presented. All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments.
Kimberly Coulon with West Feliciana Ag spoke to the Mayor and Town Alderman about some grant opportunities that are currently available and offered her assistance.
Approve Application for Alcohol Permit for Myrtles Plantation, Inc.
Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Bryan Kelley to approved the alcohol permit application submitted by Myrtles Plantation, Inc (gift shop). All in favor, none opposed. Motion carried.
Bailey Cable Franchise Agreement Updates
Mayor D’Aquilla provided an update regarding him contacting auditor P.J. Caballero for possible franchise audit and he has reached out to the Parish President Kevin Couhig to discuss possible joint action.
PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse - provided by email
• Burnette Road Bridge: Crew is on site prepping for concrete poor tomorrow. Boxes to be installed next week starting Wednesday (07/05/17).
• New Water Well #4: Water well has been run and test sample taken and passed with gear drive and auxiliary engine. Only the permanent control panel, dress up and fence is pending. Waiting on ARMCO Electric to install permanent electrical control panel. Panel is schedule to be delivered next week.
• Mayor D’Aquilla, with the assistance of Senator Neil Riser and Representative Kenny Havard were able to negotiate a refund check for $525K from Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development to the Town of St. Francisville. This money was a credit balance resulting from a Road Transfer Agreement the Town of St. Francisville entered into with the State of Louisiana and LDOTD. The State forgave a previous debt billed to the Town of St. Francisville when Hwy 61 was widened in exchange for Town taking ownership of Commerce Street and Ferdinand. This money will be set aside for expenses.
• Mayor D’Aquilla suggested that Town Auditors, Postlewaite & Netterville be asked to provide a water rate study with the 16/17 fiscal year audit. Water rates have not been updated since 2011. The Board agreed and Mayor D’Aquilla will contact Postlewaite & Netterville.
– Chief Scott Ford
Motion by Bryan Kelley, seconded by Susie Tully to accept Chief Scott Ford’s recommendation for hiring Chance Lemoine and Lester Cavilier as part-time police officers. All in favor, no opposed. Motion carried.
Permitting & Planning Update – No update provided / Building Official out of town.
Main Street Report
– Laurie Walsh provided an update for Architecture Design Review Board, Historic District Commission and the following upcoming events.
• “The Big Chill” music festival will be held at the West Feliciana Parish Sports Park July 1st at 4:00 p.m.
• Sidewalk Sale at downtown stores with July 4th weekend celebrations.
• Fireworks, Food and Music on Tuesday July 4th 6:30 p.m. at the Sports Park hosted by Town of St. Francisville, The American Legion & West Feliciana Parish Sports Park.
Motion made by Bryan Kelley, seconded by Gigi Robertson to adjourn the meeting at 6:15 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor