1. Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2017-1 and 2017-2 - Public Hearing was opened at 5:35 pm.
2. Ordinance 2017-1 - “A Third Supplemental Bond Ordinance authorizing the issuance of the One Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($150,000) Revenue Bond, Series 2017, of the Town of St. Francisville, State of Louisiana, in accordance with the terms of a General Bond Ordinance adopted on July 27, 2010; prescribing the form, and certain terms and conditions of said Bonds; and providing for other matters in connection therewith” was read aloud by Assistant Attorney Leslie Daniel.
3. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-1 - Mayor D’Aquilla open the floor for public comments. No comments made.
4. Ordinance 2017-2 - “An ordinance amending the financial reporting fiscal year end from August 31 to June 30, to be applied retroactively to the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year and subsequent years thereafter” was read aloud by Assistant Attorney Leslie Daniel.
5. Public Comment for Ordinance 2017-2 - Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for public comments. No comments were made.
6. Close Public Hearing - Public Hearing was closed at 5:37 pm and the Regular Meeting was opened.
• US 61 Gas Line Extension
o Gas line complete. Working on punch list items and pay request for contractor.
• Water Well #4 Replacement
o The existing motor that we tried to re-use does not work. They are in the process of getting the new motor on order.
o They pulled some preliminary samples but the DHH samples will not be pulled until after the motor has been installed and the well disinfected.
• Burnett Bridge
o Bid opening will be Thursday March 23rd at 2:00 pm.
• The Rouge Roubaix bike race whet well.
• We have been receiving good comments on the road resurfacing project that the Department of Transportation has been doing in town.
• The police department needs a new portal speed unit trailer. We will get a price quote and submit to the Board for approval.
• Construction on the new hospital is continuing.
• Building is fully enclosed and air conditioned.
• Interior doors and floors are being installed.
• Live Oak Center construction ongoing.
• Beckham house installing interior cabinets.
• Ware studio installing roof and siding.
• Hall house framed, partially dried in.
• Currently reviewing the plans submitted for Burger King.
1. Approved parking lot sign for Grandmothers Buttons
2. Chase Ministries project tabled for additional/alternate information
3. Meeting with Villavaso and Associates on Wednesday March 15, 2017 to finish new design guidelines.
1. St Francis Animal Medical Clinic plans were approved, still need to approve signage
2. The Myrtles Plantation new public restrooms plans were approved.
3. Burger King exterior plans approved with the caveat that all stone be replaced with brick, this requires an approval from corporate.
1. Site plan was approved for the new Burger King
1. Rouge Roubaix Bike Race was March 11 and 12, 2017 they had over 300 racers on Sunday.
2. Printed again this year discount coupons for Teacher Appreciation Week for all for schools.
3. Steamboat Art Market will be relocated to the Town Hall on March 15 and 22, 2017 so the American Queen passengers can enjoy the “Audubon’s Birds of Feliciana” exhibit in the Old Market Hall.
4. For the Fifth year in a row The American Queen has been rated First in Shore Excursions by The World Ocean and Cruise Liner Society.
5. St. Francisville was named “The Most Beautiful Town” in Louisiana by Expedia, they chose one town in each of the 50 states.