Parent Category: Minutes
Category: Board of Aldermen - Minutes
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN, ST. FRANCISVILLE, LA, TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 2017 at 5:30 P. M.
The Town of St. Francisville Board of Aldermen met in regular session this 11th day of April, 2017 at 11936 Ferdinand St., Town Hall, St. Francisville, LA. The meeting was called to order at 5:35 p. m. with the following members present: Mayor William H. D’Aquilla, Aldermen James R. Leake, Alderman Abby T. Cochran, Alderman Gigi Robertson, Alderman Susanne “Susie” Tully and Alderman Joseph “Bryan” Kelley. Also present were Town Attorney Jesse Means, Police Chief Scott Ford.
Absent: Town Clerk-Shannon Sturgeon, Main St Manager-Laurie Walsh,
The pledge was led by Ellen Humphries.
Approval of the Minutes from the last regular meeting March 21, 2017, Motion made by Susie Tully, seconded by Brian Kelly. All in favor, motioned carried.
Public Comment – Mayor D’Aquilla opened the floor for any public comments.
Ms. Ellen Humphries presented the board with an invoice for the tree removal. After discussion motion made by Abby Cochran and seconded by Susie Tully to pay ½ ($1800.00) tree removal invoice. All in favor, none opposed, motion carried.
– Bia Hillhouse was absent. Report read by Mayor Billy D’Aquilla.
Burnette Road Bridge:
• Pre-construction meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 18th at 2:00pm
New Water Well #4:
• Contractor has provided a revised Construction schedule as follows:
o Begin site work, install well fittings and piping and relocating equipment as required: April 17th
Gas Line Extension
o Install Chlorination equipment and begin electrical work: May 1st
o Complete electrical and required testing of well: June 16th
• Six customers on new gas line on Highway 61 North.
– no action taken.
Bailey Cable Franchise Renewal Update
– renewal still in process.
• Installing 3 New Fire Hydrants - The Francis Smokehouse, Fair Barn, and a flush out
• Letter was received from DOTD regarding Hwy. 61 Pedestrian Crossing – The board would like for DOTD to do another study on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
• Excess Flow Valve Option Letter Is Being Mailed to All Gas Customers
• Finalizing DOTD Road Overlay Project – Working on few minor punch lists items.
• Discuss purchase of mobile speed unit. Scott Ford getting price quotes for the next meeting.
Permitting & Planning Updates – provided by Eric Parnell, Building Official
• Continued work on WFPH
o Interior doors, floors, and millwork.
o Parking lot almost complete.
• Live Oak Center in ongoing construction.
Main Street Report
• Beckham house installing interior cabinets.
• Ware studio exterior complete.
• Hall House roof installed. Bricks being installed now.
• Burger King permit to be issued soon.
– No report Laurie Walsh absent
Motion by Rucker Leake, seconded by Abby Cochran, to adjourn the meeting at 6:08 p.m. All in favor, motion carried.
Pamela Granger A/P Clerk William H. D’Aquilla, Mayor