Parent Category: Agendas
Category: Board of Aldermen - Agendas
Rev. 1 Notice Posted: August 10, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Notice Posted: August 7, 2020 at 9:30 am
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING/MEETING
A Public Hearing/Meeting will be held as follows:
DATE: August 11, 2020
TIME: 5:30 pm
PLACE OF MEETING: Town Hall – Meeting Room
St. Francisville, LA 70775
Call to Order
Approval of the Minutes from the July 28, 2020 Regular Meeting.
1. Open Public Hearing for Ordinance 2020-3(Aldermen & Mayor Salary Increase)
*Raises do not go into effect until Jan 2021 when new Mayor and Board take office.
a. Public Comments for Ordinance 2020-3
b. Close Public Comment for Ordinance 2020-3
2. Close Public Hearing & Enter Public Meeting
Open Regularly Scheduled Public Meeting
Open Floor for Public Comment
1. PEC Report – Bianca Hillhouse
2. Census Update
3. Sales Tax Bond/Election Update
4. Re-Adopt Ordinance 2020-3 (Mayor & Aldermen Salary)
5. Introduce Ordinance 2020-5AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE GENERAL ALIMONY “ADJUSTED” MILLAGE RATES IN THE TOWN OF ST. FRANSCIVILLE FOR 2020 TAX YEAR.
6. Introduce Ordinance 2020-6AN ORDINANCE WHICH SETS FORTH THE GENERAL ALIMONY “ADJUSTED” MILLAGE RATE AND ROLL FORWARD TO MILLAGE RATES NOT EXCEEDING THE “MAXIMUM” AUTHORIZED RATE.
7. Hire Officer Matthew Herring as a Full-Time Police Officer to Fill Vacancy
8. Departmental Updates – Mayor D’Aquilla
a. Mayor’s Comments
b. Attorney Update
c. Police Report
d. Permitting & Planning Updates
e. Main Street Report
William D’Aquilla, Mayor
Town of St. Francisville
P.O Box 400 – 11936 Ferdinand Street St. Francisville, La 70775.
Phone (225) 635-3688
THE MEETING IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. We will practice safe distance measures and allow up to 50% occupancy including Mayor, Aldermen, staff and members of the public. As a courtesy to those not comfortable attending in person, you may view the meeting through Facebook Live on the town’s Facebook page - TOWN OF ST. FRANCISVILLE. For those unable to attend, public comments can be emailed to
or drop a letter in the night drop located at townhall. Public comments must be received no later than Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. Your comments will be read aloud in the meeting during the Public Comment section. In your email, please indicate the agenda item, your first and last name, your address, and your comment. Should you wish to speak at the meeting in person, please contact Shannon Sturgeon, Town Clerk at 225-635-3688 no later than Monday, August 10, 2020 at 4:00 P.M. to coordinate your request. In these extraordinary times we are trying to provide the most access within the bounds of keeping our community, elected officials and employees safe as possible
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need assistance, please contact Shannon L. Sturgeon, Town Clerk at (225) 635-3688, describing the assistance that is required.
This Institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
Town of St. Francisville
P.O. Box 400 * St. Francisville, LA 70775
* Phone (225) 635-3688 * Fax (225) 635-6984 * email: